No matter where you are on your journey in life, setbacks can cause disappointment and a loss of momentum. What do we do when we come across a setback?
When you get discouraged, you need to tap into that inner super power, that alter ego, that amazing confident YOU! Even a simple word can change your outlook. Here’s a list of the top 10 power words and tips to keep you motivated and passionate, no matter what life throws your way:
- Purpose. Whenever you’re feeling discouraged or disappointed, always remember your original purpose. Many will refer to this as the “why”. This is the reason you began, the motivation to keep going. Reminding yourself of the original reason for venturing down your path in the first place will help refresh your mind when things go awry.
- Planning. Though you may think that you’ve done enough planning towards the fulfillment of your goal, thinking it through again will help eliminate aspects of your plan of action that may be causing you setbacks. Put all your thoughts down on paper, from the smallest details to the larger movements.
- Acceptance. Accepting that you’re a human being who’s bound to have ups and downs is absolutely crucial to your success. Without this self-acceptance you’re unable to think positively, and it can cause you to feel stuck.
- Reward. When your motivation starts to wane, stop, take a step back and look at how far you’ve come. Patting yourself on the back for all that you’ve accomplished up to this point will fuel you to keep going.
- Health. Feeling worn-down will make it almost impossible to pursue your goals. Treat your body in a way that gives you energy to be that goal crusher you want to be. The basics of health will be the best tools for success. Sleep, healthy food that makes you energized rather than needing to take a nap, and moving your body. These are the three main keys to feeling your best physically.
- Motivation. Fuel your mind with motivating books, podcasts and music. Did you know we have weekly podcasts? We took a little break but we are BACK and sharing all kinds of great motivation weekly on our “The Fun Road with Kass and Steve Podcast.” Check it out!
- Organization. Ever feel depressed and worn out, and then you clean your surroundings and instantly feel more focused and motivated? The same applies to your goal. Organize and “clean house” when it comes to the operation of your goal. Get rid of the clutter getting in the way of your success.
- Refresh. Refresh your plan with something new. Try a new angle, talk to someone to get a fresh perspective. It could be a different tactic, setting, or career. Whatever it is, break out of the pattern you’re in and try something new.
- Networking. Reach out to people in your industry or those who share your life goal. Reach out to those in the field you’re interested in, talk to those you admire who can share their tools of success. Then apply this information to your goal.
- Action. Taking action, despite doubts and setbacks, will further your progress. Something we often coach our clients on is the difference between active and passive action. You can spend a lot of time thinking about something and researching it and believing you’re taking action...but this is passive. Take ACTIVE action by getting out there, taking risks, getting your feet wet. This builds confidence and keeps you motivated to continue.
Whenever you feel like your progress has stalled, or you simply want some quick inspiration, look to these 10 powerful words and strategies to spur you on. You’re sure to find something to get you back on track toward success!